Senior Professional Risks Executive
Job Description (Non Contractual)
Employer: Vantage Insurance Brokers Limited (the “Company”)
Reports to: Sandra Fernandes, Director and Head of Insurance Broking
Hours of Work: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (or as necessary to perform the required duties)
Direct Reports: Not applicable
This job description is non contractual and Vantage Insurance Brokers Limited (the “Company”) reserves the right to review, revise, amend or replace the content of this job description from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the business.
Employees may be required to undertake such duties and such work as may be necessary to meet the business needs and any work produced by an employee which is relevant to the business of the Company shall be deemed to have been produced in the course of employment.
- To plan, direct and maintain the activities of the Professional Risks business of Vantage Insurance Brokers Limited.
- To develop and deliver a business development growth strategy and identify and progress suitable opportunities.
Experience and skills required:
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional risks role.
- CII Diploma qualified.
- Proven ability to produce and close new business opportunities.
- A results-driven approach to meet targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Able to generate cross-selling opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivation.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
Principal Objectives and Responsibilities (other objectives may be assigned from time to time):
- To fulfil the role, duties include but are not limited to the following:
To develop and implement the company’s marketing plan, including seeking new business opportunities in line with the Company’s objectives and targets.
- To develop and promote the Company’s brand locally.
- To plan deal approaches, presentations and pitches to meet agreed targets.
- To understand the business of new and existing clients, their approach to insurance and risk management, and to design and administer insurance solutions for the protection of their material assets, earnings and liabilities.
- To develop and manage client relationships in accordance with Company procedures and performance standards including visits to existing clients; agreeing timescales; collating information and carrying out timely administration of the client’s insurance programme(s) in a timely, technically accurate and cost effective manner.
- To develop a professional risks team in line with business growth.
- Personally undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal, regulatory and market developments via use of e-learning, internal and external presentations and reading market related material.
- To always demonstrate the professionalism of the Company when dealing with or visiting clients, and dealing with product providers, in all communications, and to conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To ensure existing policies are renewed or amended in a timely fashion and collection of premiums is carried out in accordance with Company procedures.
- To act on client requests, instructions and communications in a timely manner (including meetings, meeting notes and reports, always ensuring their accuracy and manage files (electronic and paper) as per Company procedures.
- To expand existing client portfolio to include additional covers and to produce new business leads for the business in line with objections and personal targets.
- To send client communications including meeting agendas, notes and reports in a timely manner always ensuring their accuracy and managing files as per Company procedures.
- To develop and maintain an up to date professional risks procedures manual.
- To conduct yourself in accordance with the Company’s compliance and anti-money laundering procedures and, in particular, with meeting regulatory standards set by the Jersey Financial Services Commission, including (but not limited to):
• Ensuring that customers receive appropriate and clear information about products in good time, to enable them to make informed choices;
• Ensuring that advice is suitable for customers and takes into account their requirements and circumstances;
• Providing a satisfactory service, in accordance with customers’ expectations;
• Assisting customers in making claims and, where applicable, resolving customer
complaints in accordance with written procedures; and
• Bringing instances of any complaints, non-compliance and concerns generally about the
fair treatment of customers to the Director’s attention, including any potential conflicts of interest.
- To have a working knowledge of IT systems including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and TAM / EPIC, insurer platforms with accurate data input skills.
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that an employee is required to undertake.
Employees must be aware that they may be required to perform duties that are not listed above or as directed by the Company to reflect the changing needs of the business and operational requirements.
To find out more and to apply, please contact us by emailing email@example.com outlining your relevant experience.
Closing date: 18th June 2021